Oil rubbed bronze shower heads are a type of plumbing fixture that provides a luxurious look with brilliance and shine to your bathroom setting. It is typically used for hand-held shower faucets, tub spouts, and diverters in whirlpool applications. Oil rubbed shower heads will age gracefully over time achieving a deeper richness in color due to oxidation which is a chemical reaction between copper and oxygen in the air.
In this Freshly Showered article you will learn about:
- What are oil-rubbed shower heads?
- Are they different from brushed nickel or solid brass?
What Is an Oil-Rubbed Bronze Shower Head?
Just as the name suggests, an oil-rubbed bronze shower head is a type of shower head with a bronze finish. However, it is not 100% bronze. Some other alloys have also been added to enhance their durability.
Oil-rubbed bronze shower heads are designed to last for a long time because they have no corrosion. The best thing about these shower heads is that you can wash them with vinegar for the best cleaning result. Do mind that you use vinegar only for a short period on your bathroom hardware.
Why You Need an Oil Rubbed Bronze Shower Head?
There are plenty of benefits of installing an oil-rubbed bronze shower head in your bathroom. With this transitional style, you can easily get rid of the rust, corrosion, and it also adds some elegance to your bathroom.
Oil-rubbed bronze not only makes your bathroom look elegant and clean but also reduces water flow. As a result of this, you will save a lot of water and electricity. If you're looking for a specific bronze finish, then don't worry oil rubbed bronze showerheads come in different styles.
Our Top Picks for the 10 Best Oil Rubbed Bronze Shower Heads
The Speakman iconic Shower Head is an ideal choice for homeowners who want the best showering experience. It delivers 2.5 gallons of water per minute with its 8 plungers. In these plungers, 64 separated water streams cover more area than any other oil-rubbed bronze shower head. This combination of style and functionality provides better performance with less water consumption. In addition, Speakman S-2251 comes with a self-cleaning nozzle. So, you don't need to worry about dirty cleaning your Head or changing it yourself.
- Flow rate: 2.5 GPM
- 8 adjustable plungers
- 64 water streams
- Installation method: Wall-mounted
- Size: 4.5 x 4.5 x 4.82 inches
- Net weight: 1.5 pounds
4.5/5 stars with 1,505 reviews
Innovations in technology and design combine to create this Mesun 12-inch square rain shower head. Unsurprisingly, with such spotless stainless steel construction and low-maintenance ABS plastic fittings, you can spend less time worrying about corroding metal and more time enjoying your bath.
You can adjust its height as well as its angle of elevation as per your requirement. It has 3 built-in modes, full, massage, and rain. You don't need any tool kit to install it. Just open the package, screw tight the parts with each other, and it's ready to use. It has high-pressure adjustments, so don't worry if you have low water pressure in your taps. If you're looking for a wall-mounted shower, then this is something you're looking for.
- Stainless steel material
- 11 inches shower arm
- Rotating angle 360°.
- Flow rate: 2.5 GPM
- Size: 12inches x 12inches
- Installation method: Wall-mounted
- Weight: 3.4 pounds
4.5/5 stars with 2,763 reviews
The SR SUN RISE oil-rubbed bronze shower system can transform any old bathroom into a modern one. This 10-inch luxurious rainfall system will transform your ordinary everyday shower into an energizing spa experience. Each piece of equipment comes with its own bracket ensuring cleanliness and durability.
With air technology, you'll always have intense water pressure. This high pressure enables you to receive a consistent, pleasurable rain-like shower throughout the day. In addition, the mixer valve has many settings for different preferences, including hot, warm, tepid, or cold. So, each person of the family can enjoy without fighting over settings!
- Made up of brass and stainless steel
- Installation method: Wall-mounted shower
- Rain shower head size: 10 inches
- shower system arm length: 15.7 inches
- Hose length:71 inches
- Weight:12.2 pounds
4.5/5 stars with 4,068 reviews
The G-Promise Dual Square Shower Head Combo set is a versatile option for your bathroom. It includes a square shower head and hand shower wand. Both showers are made up of stainless steel and brass to withstand more wear and tear. It comes with an easy-to-use control lever to switch back forth between the two heads or even turn them both simultaneously.
Oil rubbed shower heads with an oil rubbed bronze finish don't have any scaling or corrosion issues, so it is also corrosion-free. But when you use two of them simultaneously, the pressure will reduce up to 50%. If you want to feel the luxury of a rainfall shower every day, then the G-Promise is a perfect choice for you.
- 8"x8" shower head
- Stainless steel and brass construction
- Oil rubbed bronze finish
- Double showerhead
- 9 inches shower head arm
- Hose length up to 75 inches
- Weight: 4.8 pounds
4.5/5 stars with 827 reviews
Do you want a place to retreat from the world for a while? Introducing our Oil Rubbed Bronze Shower System! The elegant and sleek bronze oil-rubbed finish can make any bathroom wonderful. Low water pressure won't be a problem when you have such a high-performing shower system.
It possesses 3 functions: Handheld stream, 10 inches rainfall mode, and a single-function sprayer. It ensures clean showers by using the pressure balancing brass valve cartridge. The valve is interlinked with an adjustable water pressure device for hot or cold water input settings.
- 10" x10" rain shower head
- Brass holder for handheld shower
- Rain shower head arm length 16 inches
- 59 inches hose for handheld shower
- 3 functions
4.5/5 stars with 205 reviews
What to Look for When Buying an Oil-Rubbed Bronze Shower Head
There are plenty of things you must know before buying an oil-rubbed bronze shower head. If you do not care about these things, then you could buy a low-grade shower. So, I decided to add this section to our guide so that you can pick the best oil-rubbed bronze shower head.
- 1. Finding the Right Size: This is the most important thing. If you do not care about this, it might happen that your shower head doesn't fit in your bathroom, and you buy a new one again and again. It becomes a complete waste of money and time. So, we decided to include this section in our guide so that our reader does not face this problem.
- 2. Durability: Oil-rubbed bronze shower heads are made from a special alloy which makes them durable and corrosion-resistant. Usually, they last for more than ten years if they are correctly installed.
- 3. Pressure Flow Rate: Even though no one wants to have a low water pressure shower head, they are not suitable for you either. It would be best if you had a shower head that could control your water pressure. For example, in rain shower heads, there is a common issue of low water pressure. But good-quality shower heads have a particular room for air, so you don't face low pressure in faucets.
- 4. Size of Head: The size is also important because if your oil-rubbed bronze shower head is too big, it will create problems in the flow of water. Similarly, if your shower head's size is too small, it will not be able to clean properly, and you will not get the desired results you were looking for.
- 5. Width: Some of you might think about the connection of width with the shower head. The width also matters because you don't want a thin shower head that can break easily. It would be best to go for a shower head with a wide width because the wider it will be, the more area it will cover. If you have a shorter water supply, then don't buy wider showers. Because you will end up your water supply before time.
- 6. Height: There are some low-profile oil-rubbed bronze showers heads available in the market. These showers can save space and fit perfectly into your small bathroom without any problem. So, keep this thing in mind before buying one.
- 7. Adjustability: Your shower is meant to give you a soothing effect. So it should be adjustable enough to rotate at an angle of 360 degrees. If you have proper water pressure with adjustable height and width, it will suit you the most.
- 8. Style: In washrooms, people spend a lot of time, and some take selfies. So, there is no wrong in saying that your bathroom portrays your personality. If you are looking for an oil-rubbed bronze rain shower head or a minimalistic shower head, you will get it with just a single click. There are so many options available in the market which you can choose according to your own preferences.
- 9. Finish: The finish of an oil-rubbed bronze shower head is impressive because it has a gorgeous look that matches almost every bathroom style.
- 10. Easy Installation: Although the best oil-rubbed bronze shower heads are easy to install. But as a customer, you must check the instructions manual which comes with the shower head. Otherwise, it might become a severe problem, and you need a plumber to fix it, which is a waste of time and money.
If you follow these tips, I guarantee you will get the best oil rubbed bronze shower head according to your budget and personal preferences.
In this post, I’ve dug down and reviewed the 5 best oil-rubbed bronze shower heads for you. There are countless benefits of installing an oil-rubbed bronze shower head in your bathroom. But you must know a few things before buying one though. So with this article, I hope you find some help in acquiring the best one for yourself. If you have any questions regarding shower heads then don’t hesitate to comment!